Originally when I made blend, I hadn't thought much of it. But then I got a couple requests for how I did the colouring on the overall blend. So, I thought, why not, I'll write a tutorial.
Note: My original images came from Sweet and Talented; Debra Messing
1. Grab your images and blend to your hearts desire. here is my blended image. (You can use it for practice, but don't claim it as your own).
2. Make a new layer, a selective colour layer. Find this under Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Selective Colour. Put in the following settings.
Red: -100, 0, 0, 0
This is what I've got so far.
3. Another selective colour layer and put in the following settings:
Yellow: -100, 23, 14, 0
Here is what I've got so far.
4. Now, make a brightness/contrast layer on top. You can find this under Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/Contrast. Set your layer blending mode to [b]Darken[/b] with the following settings:
Mine!. We're almost there!
5. Last layer is a curves layer. Go to Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Curves. I used these settings.
(Basically click your mouse on the grid area and an option to input your own numbers should appear at the bottom. Input the numbers in there and then repeat for the second point). To get to the 'red' curve, use the drop down menu to go to the red.
point 1: 196, 184
point 2: 121, 105
point 1: 196, 191
point 2: 105, 111
The Final Product - Now you can add any textures, borders, text - whatever your heart desires to complete the blend.
Any questions, comments, rants, feel free to PM or send me an email: midnightdesire[at]cinci.rr.com